Friday, 20 January 2012

Book review - Sanctus

SanctusSanctus by Simon Toyne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this fast-paced, page turning thriller. If Dan Brown was half as good as his book sales suggest, this is the book he could have written – but he’s not, and he didn’t.

I know there are lots of books out there with religious themes of conspiracy and evil deeds, but this stands out, not least because the author has given the Templers and Catholics a break and has made up a religious sect in Turkey.

My one adverse criticism is that I think the author overcooks it at the end. It became immensely frustrating having half-a-dozen viewpoints constantly on a cliff-edge. At some point near the end I was screeching out loud: “JUST GET IT DONE WITH!” When he did get it done with the ‘secret’ was a bit of an anti-climax, because he’d ramped up too much tension before it was revealed.

I will, however, read the sequel.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!