Friday, 13 January 2012

Book Review - Annabel Horton, Lost With of Salem

Annabel Horton, Lost Witch of SalemAnnabel Horton, Lost Witch of Salem by Vera Jane Cook
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where do I start?

This novel is amazing: beautifully written, gripping, and un-putdownable (I nearly overran my journey to work via London Underground several times).

Vera Jane Cook has created a timeless character in Annabel Horton – literally. Destined for her soul to pass through time dimensions and to constantly face her demons, Annabel must save her extended family from the Devil’s clutches. When I say extended, I mean close relatives, extended by several hundred years!

Running at about 137,000 words it is never tedious. It is, however, sometimes complex matter to keep up with the family tree, but it is well worth bearing with.

At times heartfelt, always verging on the dramatic, Vera Jane Cook’s novel is a masterpiece. When reading this you may find yourself questioning time and reality, but I doubt you’ll question the abilities of this author. Five very large stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!