Friday, 25 November 2011

Christmas dinner

Dear World,


I've had to take a day off work due to feeling like my head will explode and having what feels like a combine harvester rolling around the back of my throat. I don't like it. 


I would rather have sick days when I'm not unwell, so I could get something done on the writing front, but that never happens, dammit: I'm too honest. Just writing this blog entry is causing the room to spin, so it's a short one (entry, that is, the spinning will have to sort itself out). But before I go, can anyone tell me: what is a traditional Christmas dinner in the USA? This is a serious question, by the way.


All the turkeys will have been eaten at Thanksgiving, and there are probably only two left in the entire USA, courtesy of the Presidential pardon. Hmm, I suppose naming them Liberty and Peace was preferable to calling them Roast and Fricassee!  


So what is the USA's Christmas meal of choice?  


Maybe, after all that indulgence and feasting on turkey meat in November, everyone indulges on Christmas day with a feast of freshly grown vegetables, direct from the pizza plantations of North America! 


On the subject of turkeys, there seem to be  few in central government for whom the British public may be less inclined to offer pardons.


See that? I feel so bad that I've strayed into political comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean!